Blue Siamese Fish Fish Tails: Everything is better with a Dojo Loach.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Everything is better with a Dojo Loach.

       Why? you may ask... I don't know, it just is. At least according to me.
     What is a dojo loach, you ask. Well, a loach is pretty much a freshwater eel. They're usually longer and snake like. Sometimes they are called weather loaches. This is because they can sense changes in barometric pressure, which usually occurs before a storm, and the loach will sometimes become more active when this happens.
       I've wanted a loach for a while now but never had the tank size to keep one until recently, as a loach can grow up to 10 inches long. They actually thrive in colder temperatures which means I'm going to have to make some adjustments, but only by a few degrees which won't effect my other fish at all (I only have to adjust because I recently raised the temperature for fish medical reasons, so returning it won't be an issue at all).
      Loaches also have a habit of burrowing and digging, so that's another reason I'm glad for the sand substrate, despite the initial pain of setting it up. The dojo loach uses it's barbels (whiskers) to burrow, and scavenge for food as well.
      So, that's some info on loaches, now stuff about MY loach. Whom I've named Gojun because he's all dragon like (chinese dragon like) and looks a lot like Hakuryu, only smaller (eventually bigger... maybe, Hakuryu is kind of a beast.) The characters they're named after, one is the reincarnation of the other, so it's funny to me.
Hakuryu... is still a beast as we can see. But Gojun is adorable and he wiggles when he swims which is the best part ever.
   Eventually I'll get some real pictures up here, and introduce you to my other fish. They're pretty personable.

No comments:

Post a Comment