Blue Siamese Fish Fish Tails: Seahorses

Monday, February 21, 2011

Seahorses

I decided I want some...

Unfortunately the world seems to be against me having them at this particular point in time.

See originally I thought, oh, maybe I can get some of those dwarf seahorses. They don't need that big of a tank because they only grow to be about 1 inch. And I can keep a bunch of them. The tank conditions they require aren't really all that difficult to maintain... So what's stopping me?

Well, seahorses don't really have much of a digestive tract... and dwarf seahorses have even less of one. Meaning they need live food at least twice if not three times a day. Live food that I'd have to also maintain and care for daily, which isn't that difficult really, but the problem exists where I can show my mother what food flakes to toss at my fish twice a day in the event I am away... much more difficult showing her how to scoop out live brine shrimp, rinse em, make sure the shells aren't mixed in, and feed them to the seahorses.

Proof, my friends that I DO have a life outside of my fish... the fact that I immediately tossed my dream of having little tiny seahorses so that I can still hang out with my friends.

Look at the adorable dream I have tossed away.


Omg so cute...

Anyway, I did find some other seahorse varieties that I have a chance on getting. they've been raised to accept non live foods. But they can get to about 6" which means I'd need to get myself at least a 20 gallon tank, and I don't have a space for it yet *huge suffering sigh*

So my dream will have to be put off until a later time. BUT ONE DAY WORLD. ONE DAY... Because I think seahorses are amazing, and their tails are too cute for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment